This exceptional cuvée, developed as a tribute to the founder of rum JM, expresses perfectly the typical characteristics of aged rums JM. Distillery J.M is the only one in Martinique to use only its own canes (cultivated around the distillery) for all its rum production. In the late 17th century, the renowned “Father Labat” was the parish priest of Macouba and his house operated as a sugar refinery near the Roche River.
Antoine Leroux-Preville purchased Father Labat’s estate in 1790 and gave it the name we know it by today, Fonds-Préville…
In 1845, Antoine Leroux-Préville’s daughter sold the property to Jean-Marie Martin. He decided then to transform the sugar refinery into a distillery following Father Labat’s ancient techniques. He branded his initials “J.M.” on the oak barrels, the two letters that have become and remain the emblem of quality.
Located at the foot of the volcanic Mont Pelée, this cultivation remains to this day a family farming property, belonging to the Crassous de Médeuil. Heirs, they pursue the dream of their grandfather by abiding to the quality standard set by their grandfather to produce high-quality authentic rhum.
Web address: www.rhum-jm.com
More rums from Rhum J.M:
Rhum J.M brand profile
More rums from Martinique
THE ULTIMATE RUM USER REVIEWS:
Be the first to leave a review.